TOP > Shops
※Photos are for illustrative purposes only.
Universal Studios Japan™ offers tax-free services to visitors from overseas.
Our Tax Refund Counter is located in Studio Gift West.
- Applies to foreign tourists staying in Japan for less than six months
- Tourists are required to present a valid passport.
- Confectionary and other consumable goods: total amount: 5,000 yen to 500,000 yen (without tax)
- Souvenirs (not including confectionary): total amount: 5,000 yen and higher (without tax)
- The total tax refund is 6.9%. We receive 1.1% of the total purchasing price of duty-free products as a handling charge (starting July 20, 2017)
* The following items are not included: Studio Pass, Express Pass, foods, souvenir items such as popcorn buckets, photo service, postage stamps, and home delivery service.
* The product(s) purchased along with their receipts (tax free service will only be offered if both item and receipt are presented)
* Products cannot be returned or exchanged after filling out tax free paperwork.
* Tax free service will end at the planned park closing time for the day, so please visit the tax free counter as soon as possible. Ask a nearby crew member regarding the planned closing time for the day. Please note that procedures may take longer after 4 pm.
Attractions, events and other programs may not be held depending on the season or weather. Also, contents are subject to change without prior notice.