TOP > News
Universal Studios Japan has been temporarily closed since February 29 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Japan. However, the park will resume general operations on June 19, 2020 (Fri). This comes as Japan lifts its state of emergency and a call for the closure of large-scale facilities.
The health and safety of our guests and crew is our top priority. As such, we are reopening the park in phases to allow for capacity control. Further, we have adopted enhanced sanitation measures based on guidance from health care authorities and medical experts. These measures are in strict coherence with the "Themepark Infection Prevention Guidelines" and are informed by the current situation both in Japan and abroad. Further, our park is supported by the OSAKA COVID-19 Tracing System. This system was designed by Osaka Prefecture to help prevent the spread of infection. We ask that guests register for this system with a QR Code before entering the park or when eating at one of our restaurants.
- Admission Open to Guests Below
- Admission Dates: July 10–July 19
Annual Passholders, as well as Studio Passholders from Kansai and the surrounding regions of Tokai, Hokuriku, Shikoku, Chugoku
*Starting from July 6, 2020, guests from the following prefectures may buy tickets:
*Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui, Gifu, Shizuoka, Aichi, Mie, Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Nara, Wakayama, Tottori, Shimane, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Tokushima, Kagawa, Ehime, Kochi
- Admission Dates: July 20 Onward
All Studio Passholders
*Starting from July 6, 2020, guests from every prefecture may buy tickets.
- Admission Dates: July 10–July 19
- Park admission may be limited to allow for social distancing. In the event of such measures, new guests will not be admitted to the park and ticket sales will be suspended. This will be announced on our official website, social media accounts, and at major train stations in Osaka city.
- Registration QR Code handouts for the OSAKA COVID-19 Tracing System are available at locations throughout the park.
Please register your email address upon entering the park.
Requests for Guests of the Park
In order to ensure the the health and safety of our guests and crew members when the park reopens, we have adopted enhanced sanitation measures. Based on guidance from health care authorities and medical experts, these measures are in strict coherence with the "Themepark Infection Prevention Guidelines" and are informed by the current situation both in Japan and abroad.
- We require face masks to be worn in the park at all times.
- Please submit to a temperature check at the entrance gate.
- While in the park, please frequently disinfect your hands.
- Please avoid crowding and maintain social distancing practices.
- In addition, please note that the following guests will not be admitted to the park:
- Those who have been in close contact with persons who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Those who have lived with or been in close contact with persons suspected of COVID-19 infection.
- Those who have within the last 14 days traveled to or been in close contact with persons residing in countries and regions subject to Japan's entry ban. This includes those that require an observational period.
- Guests with the following symptoms will not be admitted to the park:
- fever (37.5°C or higher)
- runny nose
- impaired sense of taste or smell
- muscle aches
* If you feel unwell after entering the park, please notify a crew member immediately.
* We ask that guests who have a higher risk of complications from COVID-19, such as seniors and persons with chronic diseases, only visit the park after careful consideration ahead of time.
- Please visit the park after reading the Notice of Enhanced Sanitation in Park Operations.
- QR Code Email Registration Request
Please register your email address in the OSAKA COVID-19 Tracing System before entering the park.*Sample of flyer available at locations throughout the park
Registration QR Code handouts for the OSAKA COVID-19 Tracing System are available at locations throughout the park.
Tickets During Park Closure
For refunds, please go through your travel agency.