Due to the State of Emergency, Universal Studios Japan has been temporarily closed since April 25, 2021. Universal Studios Japan will reopen on June 1, 2021 and will operate at a reduced capacity on weekdays only until further notice.
Universal Studios Japan will continue to implement enhanced health and safety protocols and capacity control measures while Osaka Prefecture remains under a State of Emergency and thereafter. Universal Studios Japan will encourage guests to depart the theme park at varied times to avoid congestion. Indoor dining dividers were also installed at restaurants throughout the park.
In support of Universal Studios Japan’s commitment of the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, all team members other than essential operational team members will continue to work from home.
◼Park Reopening information:
- Reopening date: Weekdays only beginning June 1st, 2021 until further notice.
- Operating hours:10 am to 6 pm
- * For safety measures and ticket information, please visit our official website(https://www.usj.co.jp/)prior to your visit.
- * Please follow the guidelines issued by the local authorities of your residing areas and carefully consider your visit.
- * Wearing face masks is required at all times inside the park. Please bring your own face masks when visiting the park.
Safety Measures at Universal Studios Japan
Since April 2020, Universal Studios Japan has participated in organizing and updating the “Novel Coronavirus Spread Prevention Guidelines for Theme Parks and Amusement Parks'' together with various corporations and related organizations.
The health and safety of our guests and team members continue to be our top priority. Universal Studios Japan has thorough sanitization enhancement measures and capacity controls in accordance with said guidelines and guidance from the government and local authorities. Universal Studios Japan will continue to work towards supporting the quick recovery of the economic activities and the tourism and entertainment industry.